Found A Pet
It is not always easy to know if a loose dog wandering along the roadside may be a work dog patrolling its neighborhood, is lost, or is an abandoned stray. Always consider your own safety when approaching an unknown dog.
Here are some things you may be able to do if you find a dog:
- Check to see if the dog has an ID tag. If it does, attempt to call the number on the ID tag.
- Bring the animal to CCAW or Fremont River Veterinary Clinic to have it scanned for a microchip.
- CCAW will post pictures of the animal on Facebook.
- Post flyers in the area.
- If a person calls to claim the animal, always verify the person’s identity.
- If nobody claims the animal within a reasonable amount of time, you may decide to keep it. If you do, make sure you have him or her checked by a veterinarian and spayed/neutered.
- If you are unable to keep the animal, CCAW will consider fostering it and placing it for adoption if no owner is found. CCAW does not accept aggressive animals.