Job Opening for Manager of Animal Care Facility .
The Manager will oversee the general operations of CCAW’s new Animal Care Facility in Torrey, Utah, including the shelter, adoption, boarding, and daycare programs. The fear-free Facility will provide temporary shelter for found, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats with an aim toward suitable adoption, and it will also provide pet boarding and dog daycare services to the public for a fee. The Manager will supervise on-site staff and volunteers and will report to the Operations Committee. The Manager will work closely with the Animal Services committee, which oversees foster, TNR, and spay/neuter programs for dogs and cats.
The primary duties of the Manager include operation of the shelter and boarding programs. Shelter operations include intake and assessment of animals in accordance with quarantine policies and procedures, data collection, working with a veterinarian when needed, providing temporary care, and finding a suitable adopter. Boarding operations include maintaining a client schedule, conducting intake and data collection, and ensuring proper animal care.
Administrative duties include: maintain databases; operate shelter and boarding software; ensure records and activities are in compliance with applicable ordinances, procedures, and policies; website updates; complying with the annual budget; oversee purchase of supplies and inventories; monitor and approve expenditures; assist in fundraising, including grant requests and events, and other duties as assigned.
Management experience is required. The following skills and qualifications are preferred:
• Familiarity with the humane handling of dogs and cats; dog training skills.
• Familiarity with business software and applications.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing in a consistent, positive manner. Experience with public outreach.
• Friendliness and strong customer relations skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, to remain flexible and creative, and to exercise initiative and good judgment, including handling problems of a sensitive nature.
• Experience with database management, bookkeeping, and record keeping.
Salary range: $37,000 to $44,000 depending on experience.